Only 5 More Days to Nominate ASHA Board of Director Candidates!
Published Date: Oct 13, 2020
It's time to submit your nominations for our new 2021 ASHA Board Members! The nomination process is now open for directors. To nominate an ASHA member fill out the board nomination form available here or call David Mount at 859-259-3888. Nominations for the 2021 ASHA Board will be accepted until October 18. Learn more about the 2020 updates to the board nomination population and selection process below:
These are the requirements for consideration from the current bylaws, which remain unchanged:
The Nominating Committee will include consideration of the following criteria in reviewing and selecting its recommended slate of nominees:
- The geographical representation on the Board of Directors in relationship to the concentration of members in a given geographical area.
- Representation on the Board of Directors of both amateur and professional horsemen and horsewomen.
- Membership in horse associations in addition to the Association, such as the United States Equestrian Federation, United Professional Horsemen’s Association, ASHA Charter Club, or ASR Prize Programs.
- The prospective nominee’s level of participation in horse activities, such as whether the proposed nominee is an officer or director of a charter club or futurity; activity in Association committees, Grand National, youth clubs or futurities; activity in USEF committees; membership on horse show committees; ownership or operation of a breeding, training, or riding lesson program; current service as a USEF judge or steward; and current owner, breeder, or exhibitor of American Saddlebreds.
- The Nominating Committee for Directors should give special consideration to the following attributes:
- Ten or more years’ involvement in Saddlebred activities.
- High level of expertise in financial, organizational and communication skills or other areas needed by the Association, taking into consideration the skills and experience of current Directors.
- Experience in innovative programs for American Saddlebreds.
- The financial ability, availability and desire to attend Board and Committee meetings.
- Significant volunteer experience (in both Saddlebred and non-Saddlebred areas).
Submit a 2021 Nomination today!