ASHA Announces Enhanced Journal of the American Saddlebred for 2018
Published Date: Oct 12, 2017
The American Saddlebred Horse Association (ASHA) is pleased to announce enhancements for the 2018 Journal of the American Saddlebred, your Breeders’ Guide.
New for this year:
- The cover of the 2018 Journal will once again feature the legendary sire, Rex McDonald, in the George Ford Morris painting
- The publication will be mailed to all current ASHA members by January 1, 2018 to assist American Saddlebred breeders in making their breeding decisions earlier than ever
- Question and answer session with a noted Hall of Fame Breeder
- Special Broodmare Hall of Fame stories
- The ever popular stallion formatted pages, which include pedigree and progeny statistics, will now also include:
- Color photo for each stallion
- Broodmare sire information for each horse listed
As always, an abundance of information will be included in the reference section of the book, including sire rankings, World’s Championship Horse Show results and statistics, futurities and sweepstakes figures, the American Saddlebred Broodmare Hall of Fame, and much more.
With the earlier printing date for this year’s publication, the deadline to advertise your stallion in the ultimate American Saddlebred breeders’ guide is October 13, 2017. Please contact Michelle Krentz for more information about advertising your stallion, broodmare, stable, and/or business.
IMPORTANT JOURNAL DEADLINE:
In order to meet the deadline for printing of the NEW AND IMPROVED JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SADDLEBRED, all stallion service reports NOT RECEIVED in the ASR office by November 13, 2017, will be excluded from the 2018 Journal’s various sire listings. Please note stallion owners must provide the name of the farm at which the stallion will stand during the 2018 breeding season as required on the updated stallion service report form that may be found on the ASHA/ASR website.
October 31 – Deadline for Submitting Stallion Service Reports to ASR Office
All Stallion Service Reports are due in the American Saddlebred Registry (ASR) office by Tuesday, October 31, 2017. (It should be noted that a penalty fee may be assessed if the Stallion Service Report is not received on or before October 31 of the current breeding season.)
For stallions where ownership has changed during the breeding year or where frozen semen with ownership rights has been retained or a frozen semen transfer of ownership has taken place, a separate stallion service report must be submitted by each ownership entity.
Stallion Service Report forms are available on the Forms section of the website. Once the Stallion Service Report form has been completed and signed, it may be submitted by fax to (859) 259-1628, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail, at the following address: American Saddlebred Registry, 4083 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, KY 40511.