Aot Clinic With Tami Reiser October 14-15
Published Date: Sep 08, 2017
This year’s AOT Clinic will feature Tami Reiser of Reiser Stables, along with chiropractor Dr. Mark Dobson and farrier Kevin James Harden. Located at Indian Summer Farm in Watseka, IL, it’s just a short drive from Indy, Louisville, Chicago, and Springfield. The annual clinic is known for its wealth of information, camaraderie and of course, great food. Seats are limited so make your reservations today!
This year’s agenda:
Day 1 (Friday, Oct 13)
- 12:00pm – 9:00pm Check in (horses only)
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm Poolside Cocktail Meet & Greet – Everyone is welcome to tour the farm, enjoy hors d’oeuvres and drinks around our indoor pool, and visit with the clinicians and attendees. Bring your swimsuit and towel!
Day 2 (Saturday, Oct 14)
- 7:00am – 9:00am Check in (auditors)
- 9:00am – 9:15am Welcome and Introductions
- 9:15am – 10:00am Preparing to Show – What to do one month, one week, one day, one hour before you hit the ring.
- 10:00am – 10:15am Break
- 10:15am – 12:00pm Lessons
- 12:15pm – 1:30pm Lunch – Ringsmanship – Enjoy a catered lunch while we discuss ways to make your ride stand out (in a good way!). You’ll learn how to work a ring in a big crowd, techniques for finding a spot on the rail, and the right way to make an entrance.
- 1:30pm – 4:30pm Lessons
- 4:30pm – 4:45pm Break
- 4:45pm – 5:30pm Shoeing with Kevin James Harden – You’ll learn what good shoeing looks like, and we’ll discuss how to fix uneven movement, how to enhance a horse’s natural abilities, and what the rules are for each division.
- 5:30pm – 7:00pm Dinner and Social Time
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm Equine Chiropractic with Dr. Mark Dobson, D.C., C.C.S.P., C.V.A.C – He will discuss when chiropractic work can be appropriate and beneficial to your horse, and will demonstrate a typical adjustment for a show horse.
- 8:00pm – 8:45pm Long Lining & Bitting Rigs – We’ll demonstrate the equipment and techniques used for long lining and bitting rigs. You’ll gain an understanding of how and when to use these great training methods.
Day 3 (Sunday, Oct 15)
- 7:30am – 8:00am Check in (auditors)
- 7:00am – 7:45am (Optional Activity – Sign up at the clinic. Additional charge.) Poolside Yoga– Join us for yoga by the pool! Bring your mat and prepare to greet the morning.
- 8:00am – 9:00am Tails – Nothing sets a show horse apart from the crowd like a long, flowing tail. We’ll show you how to care for a tail, how to fit a tailset, and how to apply a switch.
- 9:00am – 9:15am Break
- 9:15am – 11:45am Lessons
- 11:45am – 12:30pm Lunch – Open Q&A – Enjoy a catered lunch while Tami answers your questions on any topic.
- 12:30pm – 3:00pm Lessons
- 3:00pm – 3:15pm Break
- 3:15pm – 4:15pm Bits & Bridles – We’ll talk bit theory and practical applications to help you understand what bits to choose for your horse. We’ll also cover fitting a show bridle and the various work bridle setups.
- 4:15pm – 4:30pm Closing
For more information and to reserve your stall or seat, visit http://www.aotclinic.com/2017-clinic