PARTNERS FOR THE RIDE
- Youth Club Programs
- Youth Activities
- Charter Clubs
ASHBA Saddle Time
This is an incentive-based program that rewards youth with gifts and recognition for spending quality hours in the saddle.
How it works
Participants keep track of the time they spend riding. Owning a horse is not a requirement to participate. Special Saddle Time awards will be given when you complete various hour levels. Hours count in the following activities: trail riding, lessons, parades, drill team, horse shows (academy and USEF)!
- Must be a current and active member of ASHBA.
- Levels one through three do not have to be accumulated on American Saddlebreds or Half American Saddlebreds.
- Levels four through six must be earned on registered American Saddlebreds or registered Half American Saddlebreds.
- Time recorded begins upon ASBHA's receipt of enrollment fee. There is no time limit as long as membership stays active.
- Hours are recorded on the official hours log report by the honor system.
- Hours required for each award are cumulative.
- Ownership of a horse is not required.
- Hours will count in the following activities: trail riding, lessons, parades, drill teams, horse shows (academy and USEF), competitive trail rides, endurance rides, and driving!
- Hours will not count in the following activities: grooming and hot walking.
Saddle Time Awards
Level 1 (20 Hours): Certificate & Saddle Time Window Cling
Level 2 (50 Hours): Certificate & Saddle Time Travel Mug
Level 3 (100 Hours): Certificate & Saddle Time Hat
Level 4 (150 Hours): Certificate & Saddle Time T-Shirt
Level 5 (200 Hours): Certificate & Saddle Time Tablet Bag
Level 6 (250 Hours): Certificate, Award & Interview with Photo in ASHA Youth Newsletter, Junior Junction