Registration in the Half Saddlebred Registry requires ONE PARENT (sire or dam) be a purebred American Saddlebred duly registered with the American Saddlebred Registry. A full-blooded American Saddlebred cannot be accepted for registration as a Half Saddlebred. The purebred American Saddlebred Certificate of Registration must be in complete order with ASR before any offspring will be considered eligible.
In addition, the following must be submitted to the Half Saddlebred Registry of America:
- A Half Saddlebred application for registration must be completed and signed by the appropriate owner(s).
- The recorded owner of the horse's sire must complete and sign the breeder's certificate.
- Four color photographs (front, back, and both sides) must accompany the application.
- The correct registration fees must be submitted with the application.
- Birth up to 6 months $35
- 6 months up to 12 months $50
- Over 12 months $150
- Registered with another breed Association $35*
- $50 DNA testing fee
*If the horse to be registered is an older horse and breeding proof cannot be secured, but that horse is registered with another registry, then a copy of the papers from the other registry will serve as breeding proof.
To receive an application for registration, please contact The Half Saddlebred Registry of America, or click here to download an application.